Working With Children Check (WWCC)
The Victorian Government through the Department of Justice has introduced the “Working with Children Act 2005,” which has distinct implications on the conduct of Little Athletics. The WWC Check applies to adults who work with children or are engaged in volunteer roles involving children (under 18 years of age). The WWC Check applicable in Victoria is the mandatory minimum standard for a range of child – related industries. The WWC Check now covers all areas of administration, officiating, coaching and overnight supervision at camps and clinics. People working or volunteering in connection with Little Athletics are now required to have their WWC Check, if they fall into one of the categories below:
Region Executive Committee members.
• Centre Executive Committee members.
• Club Executive Committee members.
• Officials at State and Region level – (not parent helpers whose child is participating on the day).
• Team Managers.
• Volunteers without children registered at the Centre.
• Overnight Supervisors at camps/clinics/functions.
• First Aid Personnel.
• Volunteers at Association run activities (not Centre events).
Parents, who have a child registered at the Centre where they work or volunteer, are exempt from the WWC Check, unless they fall under one of the categories listed above.